Friday Film Festival: The Green Rush

Scrolling through the streaming options on NetFlix the other day, I noticed a title that looked interesting: The Green Rush. It’s the story of one family of California-based marijuana growers, and how their business works, and it’s a fascinating, intimate look at that part of the pot industry.

The movie streams for free on both Netflix and Hulu.

Here’s the trailer:

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
This entry was posted in CannabisSearch, Multimedia and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Friday Film Festival: The Green Rush

1. greg says:

I think this is great to show people. This is some peoples lifestyles, and they should be respected.

2. Medicator says:

I loved watching this trailor and can’t wait to watch the full movie tonight as I spark a fatty. I just keep hoping these growers will be left in peace to grow their crops. I don’t think it’s fair to keep hounding veterans who fought and risked their lives for us. We can all pray these type of arrests will cease once the public becomes more informed and refuses to take this treatment anymore.

3. Bud Selektor says:

It’s great to see these people living the way they want to. It’s so important for everyone to be able to recognize their vision and to be left alone to realize it.

4. lindzzz says:

I think that this little trailer gives insight into different grower’s lives and what they did before they grew marijuana. It proves that normal people who just wish to make a living rather than beg on the streets are doing this to provide for their families, in addition to providing medicine for fellow patients. I think that the risks are clearly shown, with the statistic of 900,000 arrests for marijuana last year. This documentary shows that these are families who are trying to survive and live off of the land.

5. Aaron says:

I really appreciate you linking this, I was just clicking around while thinking to myself I need to just go lay down to watch something on netflix since my shoulders/neck were killing me. I then read this and decided to just go watch it, It was really interesting and shows you how the world of growing medical marijuana is just regular people trying to live life. I feel that these people are doing a good work for the people that cannabis helps and for their own good. I believe it is crazy how much of a risk people have to go through to grow or smoke a plant that is much less harmful than alcohol which is sold widely and advertised like soda pop on TV., with the arrest rate of 900,000 estimated last year. I hope everyone who sees this trailer just watches the whole documentary, it is very informative and a good watch.

6. Oscar says:

I watched this documentary on Netflix Instant, and think it is such a good documentary that REALLY shows what and how the TRUE Medicinal Cannabis growers are all about… and they are definitely not the same growers that you see on the news destroying our land and environment with all the hazardous chemicals. These cultivators grow only with organic and in soil… which I think is the ONLY way to grow any plant you choose to ingest (veggies, fruits & cannabis)

7. Chief says:

I saw this the other day with my brother and a group of friends. Even among patients, there are a lot of people that believe that chemicals are the only thing that are used to grow but as evidenced in this film, there are safe ways to grow too. Hopefull this will get worldwide exposure then everyone can see just how good it is to use organic materials in everything that is grown.

8. Reese10 says:

This film is truly inspiring. These families are dedicated to their growing and should be encouraged not hounded, arrested and made to become discouraged. This movie will bring some much needed attention to the public and shed some light on the industry. Hopefully this film will inspire others to document their medicinal growing experiences.