Becoming a MMJ Caregiver

Depending on where you live, becoming a medical marijuana caregiver may give you the ability to help one or more patients access their prescribed pot more easily, but how do you go about it?

Well, the folks at the Medical Marijuana Advisor webpage have put together a free ebook to help you learn the basics. It’s called How to Start a Budding Medical Marijuana Caregiver Business, and it’s available here.

I haven’t read the book yet, but according to the advertising, it includes information on:

• What you need to consider
  • The business aspects of MMJ caregiving
  • How to plan for growth or expansion
  • How to find clients
  • How to stay legal.

As more and more states legalize medical marijuana, I believe this information will be vital to those just embarking on a business journey in this industry.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
This entry was posted in CannabisSearch, Legalization, News & Current Events, Stoner Stuff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Becoming a MMJ Caregiver

1. lindzzz says:

I tried to look at the link but they want your email address before you can see anything, looks kind of weird. It is important for people to know proper procedure for becoming a caregiver, and there are a lot of little legalities involved. I am interested in seeing how they say to find clients, maybe I will cave in and let them sign me up for their email list.

2. Oscar says:

I took a look at the website and found that it was pretty informational, since I am thinking of becoming a caregiver in the near future I subscribed my email address in hopes to gather as much information as I can because I know that if I want to become a caregiver I want to do it right and under the law (even though government will still try to ‘jack’ as many MMJ supporters around)

3. MrDoc says:

I also tried to follow the link and got the same situation and lindzzz, so I didn’t go much farther than that. I looked into this right as I got my medical card and found it was difficult to find a legit caregiver in my area, so now I spend money at dispensaries. I wish I had the capability or the money to grow my own medicine because I have the time. I am more interested in the locating of caregivers, I wonder if there is a site for that.

• lindzzz says:

I think that is a great idea MrDoc, you should totally start one. Patients need more sites like this so that we can connect and create new ways to help each other. I like the idea of a network of caregivers. It would work inside of individual states for the time being, but I think that the step towards federal taxing and medical use in the recent news show that we might be less far off from legalization than we thought.

4. Medicator says:

I have a friend who went through all the training to become a caregiver. She took classes and became certified. She loves her profession and finally found her true calling. Just like any educational studies you have to be careful where you go to school and do your research before becoming involved.

5. Chief says:

A lot of people are not physically able to get their medication so I think that someone who is looking to help out of these patients can really rely on having the right information available to them so that they will not be breaking any laws and dont have to worry about persecution when they are just trying to be a responsible caregiver for someone who can’t do it on their own.