It is true that you can purchase feminized marijuana seeds in order to avoid any possibility of developing male plants in your gardening area. Growing high-quality medicinal cannabis is an intricate process that demands meticulous control over the growing environment. For cannabis growers that care about organic gardening, it's good to remember that, in most cases, feminized seeds are results of chemical manipulation. If you can deal with that, then there are loads of benefits to purchasing feminized marijuana seeds.
Fast facts about effeminate cannabis seeds:
- Medicinal marijuana breeders began experimentation with Colchicine in the late 60s;
- Colchicine is a mutagen, a substance that causes defects in genetic codes. It prohibits cellular duplication in both plants and animals;
- Colchicine can result is doubling, tripling or more of a specific chromosome set;
- This can be beneficial to marijuana growers because characteristics like increased THC production, resistance to disease and more can be centered on and enhanced;
- Feminized medical cannabis seeds are quite pricey; so be prepared;
Buying feminized marijuana seeds to grow your own medicinal cannabis with can take away the worries associated with sexing and getting rid of males plants in your all-girl garden areas. Just make sure you're dealing with a reputable seed bank or individual breeder. Never rush into your decisions concerning which strain and brand of feminized cannabis seeds to purchase. The seeds you begin with will heavily influence the final yield and quality you will have developed come harvest time.
However, I will add that knowing before you plant would be nice, but even that can't always be a known fact. What if the seed said to be female turns out to be male? Nature has its ways of fooling you.