Medicinal cannabis grown hydroponically (AKA hydro) is some of the best weed on the planet. Growing medicine in a hydroponics setup basically means that you're not using any soil; you're using water. By not suffocating the root system in compacted soil, the roots are able to absorb carbon dioxide, oxygen, macro and micro nutrients, and of course water far more efficiently. Absorption of these growth-inspiring substances at higher rates produces higher yields at harvest time.
Fast facts about cultivating cannabis hydroponically:
- Root system is submerged in circulating, oxygenated water (DWC);
- Growing medium used is most often Rockwool or coco fibers ;
- Requires artificial lighting systems, either traditional HID lamps and ballasts or LED setups;
- Nutrients must be added into the water culture;
- A bubble rock and air pump are used to oxygenate the water being delivered to the bases of the plants;
- Requires meticulous monitoring to ensure all equipment is working at all times;
- Requires efficient ventilation and thermal regulation;
- Humidity levels must be maintained to thwart mold and bacterial growth;
- Charcoal filtration devices are most often utilized to manage strong aromas from the grow room;
- It's critical to maintain the proper PH balance (slightly less than 7.0 for most strains of medicinal cannabis);
- Should be used in conjunction with a carbon dioxide delivery system;
- Grow room must be kept meticulously clean at all stages of growth:
When using traditional High Intensity Discharge artificial lighting lamps and ballasts in your medical cannabis hydroponics setup, you have to be aware that a lot of heat will be generated. Consider investing in digital ballasts and eliminate most of that heat. Growing medical cannabis in hydroponics setup is a rewarding and money-saving endeavor. Growing your own medicine at home hydroponically ensures that you get world-class buds, save thousands of dollars every year, and never have to worry about involving yourself in an underground criminal scenario in order to acquire the medicine you need. Enjoy the hydro!
will sometime in the future just out of wondering
how good it truly is.
I have heard both good and bad about this method
so really I can say it would all depend on how you
do it and whether or not you know what your doing.
If your not 100% sure you understand how to do this
I can see how you would fail with this method.