• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PhilosopherOG

PhilosopherOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Do the male plants produce any medicine like THC or CHB is it? I know they can be used to make hemp or to pollenate female plants but I never knew whether they were actually stoney at all.

#2 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Never bothered to try it myself since it seems like a waste of time and effort to flower them, but I have heard of growers who get male plants, isolating them completely from the females and then flowering them as you normally would. Instead of harvesting the plant, they make hash out of it. Supposedly it's much weaker, as you might expect, but it's one way to not totally waste your time and effort spent growing out a male. Again though, I don't do this, I'd rather just grow females unless I was going to breed.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#3 bayareabrendan

bayareabrendan

Douche Bag

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

At the end of the growth cycle a male plant dies and does not produce any buds, after the male plants die the females go into their flowering process and then die (from lonlieness?)

The male plant does not produce buds. I would not recommend smoking any male plant.

What do you guys think about cooking with male plants though?

#4 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCitrus Heights, CA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

with no sarcasm implied, if you wouldn't smoke it, why would you cook with it? Are we talking about for flavor?

#5 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCitrus Heights, CA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

males could contain up to, from what I've read, 3%THC. So I suppose they're not completely useless in terms of getting one high. But females are so easy to come by I don't know why you'd waste your time. Also, seeded weed isn't the worst thing in the world. People got by on seeded for thousands of years, and stil do. I recently had some seeded that floored me. I know people who just let nature di it's thing. Males pollinate females and they don't seem to care. I've always wondered how much stronger that seeded bud would be if the plant had been able to focus energy on resin instead of seed. I'll let ya know next fall.

#6 Medicator

Medicator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

I don't recommend smoking the male plants. I did that one time because I did't know any better but I got a really bad headache immediately after toking up. I agree that it's a waste of time, not enought THC to get a buzz or pain relief anyway.

#7 Marijuanamama

Marijuanamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Seems like a huge waste of time to even bother with the male plants, so why smoke them if there is no THC or CBD what is the point?

#8 Jack of Hearts

Jack of Hearts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

I don't think people smoke male plants on purpose. Maybe kids who don't know any better would smoke them. Or someone with no money whatsoever. Other than that I can't think of any other reason to smoke male plants.

#9 gbennett1

gbennett1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Dont smoke it . I agree with whoever said make hash with it. Thats the way to go.

#10 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

I think that it wouldn't be the best idea, kind of like smoking resin. I had never thought of making hash or edibles with a male plant before, but I guess if you used the whole plant you could come out with something worthwhile. If anyone decides to try, I would love to know if it works out.

#11 gbennett1

gbennett1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

actually just use it to make hemp products, they are very strong and versatile. The hash wouldnt be very potent anyways, hemp products would be the way to go. Im not experinced in producing hemp products but it seems reasonable.

#12 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, I bought a pair of hemp pants and they have lasted way longer than any jeans I have had.

#13 Spacy

Spacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLatham, New York

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Yeah I deff don't think you'd have much to smoke in the first place, I don't recommend trying.

#14 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

They do have THC but it's not worth the effort. I agree Spacy, I wouldn't do it.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#15 allen

allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

I don't think people smoke male plants on purpose. Maybe kids who don't know any better would smoke them. Or someone with no money whatsoever. Other than that I can't think of any other reason to smoke male plants.

Hey i use to smoke the weed with the seed and i got a real good buzzzzzzz

#16 BigE92

BigE92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

<iframe src='http://www.reverbnat...ist_2567955[design]=customized&pwc[background_color]=%23ad10ad&pwc[included_songs]=1&pwc[photo]=1%2C0&pwc[size]=fit' width='100%' height='370' class='widget_iframe' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users