#1 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCitrus Heights, CA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Does anybody know anything about this. A friend swears that vaporized bud does not get hot enough to destroy CBDs. He takes the vaporized "matter" and puts it in capsules. I've tried them and they do seem to be a great sleep aid. Any thoughts?

#2 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Does anybody know anything about this. A friend swears that vaporized bud does not get hot enough to destroy CBDs. He takes the vaporized "matter" and puts it in capsules. I've tried them and they do seem to be a great sleep aid. Any thoughts?

Never tried it myself but that's a very interesting theory. I may give it a try.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#3 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Never tried it myself but that's a very interesting theory. I may give it a try.

I was with him at a club when he was trying to sell them. The owner acted like he knew what they were, but I've found little info on this. I've seen people use vaporized matter and I know it contains something, but I'd like to see someone like Steephill Lab test something like this

#4 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

That would defintely be great if somebody could do some legit tests on it. I can attest to the fact that vaporized matter definitely contains something, because, in my much younger years I would occasionally roll a vaporized weed joint in times of sheer desperation. I definitely got a head change and slight body effect.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#5 Marijuanamama

Marijuanamama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Interesting I'm still learning about the entire vaporizing thing. But the thoughts of being able to use the vaporized product as maybe a sleep aid would make it twice as great. I always need something to assist in helping me sleep.

#6 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

I use my vaporized cannabis to cook all the time! I just collect it after each time I use my vaporizer and keep it sealed tightly in a small jar. I make brownies with it whenever the jar fills up completely. Before I use the vaporized cannabis I make sure to grind it all up very finely, even though I ground it up before I used it in the vaporizer. After that, I get one of those boxes of instant brownie mix, the kind where you add eggs, water and vegetable oil. I mix the finely ground vaporized marijuana straight into the mix and follow the baking directions. Then let the finished brownies cool for about an hour before putting in the fridge or freezer. I usually get 8 good-sized and very strong brownies from a 9 inch cake round pan.

The first time I made these, they were so strong that I decided to half the amount of cannabis that I used and switch to a smaller jar. Next time I fill up the jar I will post how much the vaporized cannabis weighs on the scale.

That is why I love my vaporizer so much, besides the added health benefits and better taste, I can literally re-use the same medicine to make edibles of high potency, so it is as if I am getting double.

I do not know if the exact reason the vaporized weed still has potency is because the vaporizer cannot burn CBDs, but I do know that it works for my brownies.

#7 Jack of Hearts

Jack of Hearts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

That is way cool to be able to reuse the vaportized leftovers for edibles that produce a potent effect. Like many of you I am really interested to find out the research on using the capsules to help as a sleep aid. Please keep the information coming.

#8 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

That is way cool to be able to reuse the vaportized leftovers for edibles that produce a potent effect. Like many of you I am really interested to find out the research on using the capsules to help as a sleep aid. Please keep the information coming.

When my friend had the pills, I tried them. I have horrible insomnia and they helped me a little. Other people I gave them to said they worked. If you vap, try it out. Just empty any kind of gel cap and load 'em. Grind it up very fine. I'm not sure why this isn't more popular. Perhaps it is and we just don't know about it.

#9 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

I don't think a lot of people do it, or know about it. Most people that I tell the ingredients of my brownies to think the brownies are going to be weak, until they try them. I just made a batch tonight and they went far above my expectations as to potency. I think that it was because this time I had used better quality strains in the vaporizer.

#10 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

I don't vaporize so I don't see vaprized matter very often. Can honey oil be vaporized? I wonder what you could do with vap bud ground up in a strong tea?

#11 bayareabrendan

bayareabrendan

Douche Bag

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

I would mix it with a little melatonin and sleep hahahaha
vaped weed smells bad to me tho :blink:

#12 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

I don't vaporize so I don't see vaprized matter very often. Can honey oil be vaporized? I wonder what you could do with vap bud ground up in a strong tea?

I have been told before that it isn't a good idea to use hash in the vaporizer because it clogs the screen. I have used kief in it and I could definitely taste the difference. I think if the vaporized cannabis works for my brownies, it would work for tea. As soon as I have enough in my little jar to make some tea, I'll try it and let you know if it works.

#13 Medicator

Medicator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'd really like to try the sleeping pills and baking some edibles with the vapor residue. How long does it take you to save enough for some cookies or brownies to be really potent? Do you add the same amount as you would ground up plants? Please advise. I find all of these suggestions really helpful.

#14 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hmm it is kind of hard to tell because I don't vapor all the time so I can't say that all of my stash goes into it. I wish I had more precise info for you. Usually it takes me two to three months to acquire enough, and I use my vapor about half of the time. Based on the amount of about 5-6 grams per week, I would say it is at least 20-25 grams of vapored material. The vaporized cannabis shrinks a lot so it doesn't seem to be that much. After doing that little mental calculation I am kind of surprised! And I haven't really noticed that I've been consuming over an ounce of medicine per month, until now...

#15 CannabisGril

CannabisGril

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

never tried it and do not plan on it
this dont sound very good in my mind

#16 bongripper

bongripper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

Never tried this but I do hear you can use the left over vape product for other things. I might try cooking with it.

#17 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Never tried this but I do hear you can use the left over vape product for other things. I might try cooking with it.

You might as well if you already have a vaporizer and are using the cannabis in that way anyways, it's not that much more of an effort to tip it into a jar rather than the trash. I think if you use enough vaporized cannabis you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. I mentioned before that it might have been about an ounce of vaporized cannabis that went into my brownies. Please keep me updated, if you do decide to try it out.

#18 gbennett1

gbennett1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

This looks interesting to lokk further into. This is probably what most people seell at dispensaries as "capsules'

#19 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

This looks interesting to lokk further into. This is probably what most people seell at dispensaries as "capsules'

Some dispensaries sell the cannabis butter inside of their capsules, and some use hash. I don't think that I have ever seen any vaporized cannabis capsules in a dispensary.

#20 Ha-Y-N Boi In CO

Ha-Y-N Boi In CO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

great idea lindzzz...i just tried some vape brownies and it turned out pretty good! any other ideas from anyone else? i would like to try something that isnt on this site...something good...hit me up with your suggestions
...:::b1naryn1ghtmar3:::...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users