Photo
- - - - -

Variety of Strains: How long do different type of strains take to Flower?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SkillitHits247

SkillitHits247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

How long does it take for certain strains to Flower (max time should allow to flower)?
Such as: Sour Diesel, Master X OG, OG X Cheese, Headband, DJ Short's Blueberry, Blue Dream, G13

I know its best to look at the trichromes through 60-100x scope but knowing the number of weeks is helpful to prepare to flush the nutrients then letting the soil dry before harvest.

#2 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

Headband is 62 - 68 days
G13 is very short, around 44 - 50 days
I've heard anywhere from 10 to 13 weeks on Sour Diesel, but that one you may just have to play-by-ear.
OG Cheese is 55 - 70 days.

Hope this helps
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#3 SkillitHits247

SkillitHits247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Nice, thank you this does help.
You're right about the Sour Diesel, she is looking like she will need to go to the max amount of weeks.
Do you happen to know of any websites that would have this kind of information, I know there is probably multiple websites but sometimes they don't feature a specific strain... but getting information from some experienced growers can also be a great resource.

Thanks for your response :)

#4 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

The strain section of this website has excellent resources on a lot of strains. Another decent one is kindgreenbuds.com Go to the strain library. There's a lot of websites out there, but not all of them are accurate, but these two are really good.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#5 panred

panred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCitrus Heights, CA

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

I've found flowering times listed at numerous sources to be inaccurate. Remember, the times are usually given by the seed companies that sell the strain seed, and they are notorious for cutting it short in the hopes of attracting customers. Flowers are finished when they are finished! Many factors contribute to altering flower time. Generally speaking, start looking at the trichomes at week 5 or 6 and pik 'em when they're ready.

#6 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

Very good advice panred, it definitely depends on how they're doing at the time and you can't always depend on seed companies or other sources to relay reliable information on flowering times as well as yields. You're definitely right that you should probably just pick them whenever you think they're ideal. Remember mostly milky trichromes will result in a heady high, while more amber colored trichromes will provide more of a body high. It all depends on your preference.

-Jimi Hendrix

#7 SkillitHits247

SkillitHits247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

After going through my first harvest, I see what you mean by just keeping an eye on the trichromes because on some of my flowers once it hit the last two-three weeks before harvest some of them looked like it should grow for another week for the trichromes and buds to fill out more. The trichromes on my flowers are just sparkling like diamonds... I think and hope that my cultivating skills will get better as I continue grow and watching how my garden often.

#8 gbennett1

gbennett1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

do clones have the same cycles outdoor, as if they would indoors. Sorry i was just wondering if u guys knew.

#9 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

Never done too much outdoor growing, sorry man I wish I knew.

-Jimi Hendrix

#10 SkillitHits247

SkillitHits247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

I think when you grow outdoor it really relies and depends on the season, because certain strains thrive during colder seasons and some strains need the more intense sun light in the summer (I am new to growing so I'm not too sure but found some information on growing from GreenMans website: My link (info about when to harvest your plants) Hope this helps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users