2 replies to this topic

#1 michael9

michael9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

My question is simple nothing to crazy.I wanted to know is there any strain that hails from Japan or the islands of Japan?from what i understand it's illegal to smoke/grow in Japan but none the less people will grow it everywhere regardless of it's legal status.

thankyou

M9

#2 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm not sure about particular strains that are native to Japan, but cannabis has definitely been cultivated in Japan, up to 10,000 years ago, since the Neolithic Jomon period. It was mainly cultivated for fiber and food, but I do know that it has also been cultivated in Japan for recreational use.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#3 Oldschoolgrower

Oldschoolgrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Japan has always imported most of the raw materials that they use and I suppose its the same with seeds. Sure they're growing over there but drug laws there are still among the most draconian in the civilized world. So it's highly doubtful that any real work of substance in terms of cannabis genetics is going on there consider the level of risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users