• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 supertoke

supertoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

how old do my little girls have to be to herm. does the herms have pistles comingout the pod

#2 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

There's really no age requirement to be hermie except they have to be in the flowering stage. By pistils coming out the pod do you mean the sex organs below each internode? If so, this is normal for female plants. You'll know if your "girls" are hermie if where the calyxes should be coming in their are bunches of pods instead of normal swelling. Post pics if you can and feel comfortable doing so, so I can better identify it for you.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#3 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Interesting and good to know, especially because I just started to grow outdoor and I was wondering the same thing. I want to make sure to keep a careful watch, and take out any males that show up as soon as possible.

#4 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Definitely lindzzz, I'm just about to start growing again after my move and will be doing so from seed, so I'll have to watch out for those unwanted males as well.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#5 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Interesting and good to know, especially because I just started to grow outdoor and I was wondering the same thing. I want to make sure to keep a careful watch, and take out any males that show up as soon as possible.

What strains are you growing, just out of curiosity?

-Jimi Hendrix

#6 Oldschoolgrower

Oldschoolgrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Keep an eye on the nodes where the branches meet the stalk. Male pollen sacks have a way of showing early. Stress on plants will cause them to go hermaphrodite so buy a good book and read up on the topic so you can treat your plants the way they prefer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users