• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hollyweed

Hollyweed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hello Everyone- I just joined. I'm not new but I haven't grown since the mid-90's. I have some LowRyder EasyRyders(auto fems)that are 6 weeks old from seed in Fox Farms soil under a 240 watt LED on a recommended 20/4 light sched. The leaves are dark green and waxy looking and the buds are showing white hairs. They've been fed once with Tiger Bloom(2 tsps in a gal). I know that I made a mistake with the dose, it should have been 1/4 of that for their initial feeding. The girls were dark green even BEFORE I fed them. I did not use any veg nutes as the FF soil has enough. The buds look healthy but they seem to be growing slowly.I just read on another blog that dark leaves can mean too much nitrogen? I appreciate any and all help and advice. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

#2 Oldschoolgrower

Oldschoolgrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hell yea you over fed them and they don't like it one bit. Mix up about a tablespoon of hydrated lime per gallon of water than use it to wash your pots through. Set a nice tray under each one and run it through four or five times then rinse through with plain water.

Consider foliar feeding because plants love it and there's no risk to the soil. Try it once and you'll see. Mix up a double strength solution with your fertilizer, add about 7 drops of liquid dish soap to work as a wetting agent then spray the stuff on the leaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users