2 replies to this topic

#1 Xx420xX

Xx420xX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationwhite cloud

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

i have a few plants outside and they have started to flower, would it be a waste to bring them inside and put them under the HPS?

#2 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

I think it isn't the best thing to do because the sun is a lot stronger of a source of light, I think it is less traumatic to the plant if it is the opposite way (indoor to outdoor).

#3 Oldschoolgrower

Oldschoolgrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

All plants outside will have some type of small insect dwelling on them. The harsh outside environment, however works to keep them in check.

This is why you never hear of outdoor growers having, say white fly infestations.

Bring your plants from the outside to the inside though and all hell will break loose cause a grow room is the perfect environment for insects.

So don't do it. You can however, cover them in a tarp outside to manipulate daylight hours to stimulate promote budding.
All plants outside will have some type of small insect dwelling on them. The harsh outside environment, however works to keep them in check.

This is why you never hear of outdoor growers having, say white fly infestations.

Bring your plants from the outside to the inside though, and 'all hell will break loose' cause a grow room is the perfect environment for insects.

So don't do it. You can however, cover them in a tarp outside to manipulate daylight hours to stimulate promote budding.

Or just bring them inside for the night and take them back outside late each morning to shorten their daylight hours.
Or if just bring them inside for the night and take them back outside late each morning to shorten their daylight hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users