9 replies to this topic

#1 Herb Lady

Herb Lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

I've planted a few different varieties over the years but I am definately no expert. I was wondering if any of you professionals out there know what strains produce buds fastest maturity? Also which tend to yield the largest crop? I am only interested in outdoor planting at this time. Thanks

#2 gbennett1

gbennett1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

I was won dering this myself. PLaese anybody out there know? i hate that it takes so long for an outdoor plant, even though u can grow year long.

#3 Herb Lady

Herb Lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

Last season I grew 6 different strains as an experiment. The plants that grew the fastest for me was Train Wreck and Power Plant. I just wanted other growers opinions so I had more choices for my next crop.

#4 bayareabrendan

bayareabrendan

Douche Bag

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

I think purple weed grows best. AKA your indicas. They are smaller and bushier thus easier to manage.

#5 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have some Romulan Grapefruit outside right now and they are growing exceptionally fast.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#6 Herb Lady

Herb Lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

I have to try the Romulan Grapefruit for sure. I am glad to hear it grows fast. Same with the purpose especially since they smell so good and are some of my favorites.

#7 lindzzz

lindzzz

• Moderators
  • 585 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think anything crossed with OG would be a safe bet because it tends to be genetically stronger. It is important to pick an area with direct sunlight throughout the day. I am having trouble with that myself because my backyard fence is set up so that it blocks the sun out for part of the day. I have started to set foil car window shades across the fence and it really helped to reflect more light to the little girls.

#8 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Auto-flowering strains too. You can harvest up to 3 or even 4 harvests of auto flowering strains outdoors. They usually have a seed-to-harvest time anywhere from 55 - 90 days, depending on the auto-flower strain.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

-Jimi Hendrix

#9 Joe Evans

Joe Evans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Cannabis ruderalis aka the low ryder strains. Autoflowering.

#10 CannaConnoisseur

CannaConnoisseur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

It seems great minds think alike lol.

-Jimi Hendrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users